A well-designed, expertly built roof is one of the most critical aspects of protecting your home and keeping your family safe from elements of weather and potential criminal activity. Although some roofing problems can be solved with a quick fix, sometimes reroofing can be essential. Some signs your home may need re-roofing can include:
- Algae or moss: Airborne algae and moss can create dark streaks on roof decks.
- Missing granules: Your roof has bald spots where granules are missing.
- Cracked shingles: Your shingles have cracked.
- Curled shingle edges: Your shingle edges are curled, or shingle tabs are cupped.
- Your roof is old: As your roof materials approach the end of their lifespan, they will start to break down and this can jeopardise the integrity of your roof.
What does the reroofing process entail?
These are the most commonly taken steps when a home needs to be reroofed:
- Observation & Initial Preparation: A qualified and experienced tradesperson will examine and measure your current roof and guttering, and thoroughly inspect your roof. This allows them to draw up a reasonable quote estimate and recommend a variety of roofing options and features to suit your home and needs. This is where you would work with your repairperson to discuss any requirements you may have for your roof.
- Pre-installation Preparation: A reputable contractor and their employer will start their re-roofing process with an efficient, coordinated set up of their technical roofing equipment including any and all safety precautions required. Lastly, they will expertly clear and clean the roof and area encircling your roof to create an ideal working environment.
- Installing the overlay, or performing the roof replacement: Finally, they will perform strictly quality controlled re-roofing with the best possible result at the forefront of their mind.
- Post re-roofing inspection: Upon completion, they inspect your roof, to ensure that your roof will remain safe for a long time to come.
Are there reroofing services local to me?
You will find roof replacement services in most major metropolitan areas and regional hubs. For instance, in the Northern Beaches of Sydney, a quick internet search is generally all you will need to find an option local to you. Sydney based Hooky’s Roofing may be able to help.
How do I know I have chosen a reputable roof re-tiler?
A secure roof is critical to the safety of your home or business. The Government recommends selecting a roofing company with demonstrated licenses and credentials needed to perform the roofing work. A valid license from the Building and Construction Commission in your State or Territory signifies that the roofing contractor complies with safety standards mandated by the law. Further, it is always worthwhile to ask the roofing contractor if they cover their clients with warranties and protect their workers with insurance. Word of mouth is the best way to find a great (or not so great!) contractor near you. Consider asking a friend, family member or colleague who has recently had their home re roofed who they used and what they thought of both the service and the finished product. Independent review boards or pages are also fairly reliable sources of information as most don’t allow the companies reviewed to amend or remove reviews they don’t like or agree with.
To speak with your friendly roofing team at Hooky’s Roofing, contact us on 0408 026 601 or visit our website leog23.sg-host.com